Workout: 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps for time of:
Front Squat (185, 135)
Toe to Bar
Accessory: 3×15 Hip Extensions
Jenny hitting a HUGE PR during 14.2! She had never overhead squatted 65# before OR done Chest to bar Pull-ups! On Friday she rose to the occasion, hitting 10 OHS at 65# -AND- getting her first 3 Chest to Bar Pull-ups! Now THIS is what the Open is all about! I can’t put into words how proud I am of all of you! You all pushed yourself to the limit and I love that a lot of you achieved something you didn’t think was possible! Congrats to Sam and Lugi who also both got their first Chest to bar pull-ups on Friday. This is the magic of the CrossFit open. Thank you all for being so supportive of each other; this is what CFBT is about!
Also, friendly reminder to those of you who have not submitted your 14.2 score! Please do so ASAP, the deadline is 5pm on Monday.
This week we will be doing 14.3 on Friday between 4:30 and 7:30pm. Heat sheets will be made AFTER 14.3 is announced! Please do not forget to sign up for a heat time.
Accessory: Accumulate 30 Ring Dips and 50 Hollow Rocks
Great Job everyone on 14.1! Please remember to submit your score ASAP. I need to validate scores. I will not be validating after 3:30pm tomorrow, so please do not wait until the last minute to submit your score via the games website. Remember we will be doing 14.2 this Friday night.
All CrossFit Classes will be doing the CrossFit Open WOD, 14.1 on Saturday. Those who registered for the Open will need to please sign up for a heat time in the gym BEFORE Saturday. You will also need to register via MBO! If you can’t make it into the gym please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a window of availability. We will be running heats every 15 minutes.
If you are signed up for the Open, please show up 30 minutes prior to your heat time to get warmed up. Once your heat time is called you will need to be ready. You should review the movements and standards ahead of time via the CrossFit Games website. We will have your bars pre-set for you so all you need to focus on is warming up.
If you are not registered for the Open, please still come to class and register via MBO; however you will not need a HEAT TIME.
If you are doing the Open on Saturday, please go easy on the workout today or just rest.
Now that we know what 14.1 is, prep your body for what lies ahead. Stretch your calves, shoulders, hips and low back. Prep your mind, if you struggle with double unders, set a reasonable goal for yourself. Are 5 Unbroken double unders your current PR? Set a goal of 10 during 1 round of the workout. Maybe you have never snatched 75# or 55# before? Set a goal of doing 1. Set realistic goals for yourself and remember its You vs You! HAVE FUN!
The 2014 CrossFit Open kicks off this week. If you have not yet read the main blog post please do so! You will find all the information you will need in regards to signing up for a heat time.
I’ve been competing in CrossFit since 2007 and have participated in every CrossFit Open and Regional since it started, so I’d like to share some advice with our crew.
Here are a few things to think about when heading into the Open.
1. The Open is supposed to be FUN. While it is amazing that you have the ability to now compare yourself to 100,000+ people worldwide, let’s not forget for most of us, that’s not the point. Getting caught up in what others are doing is not going to help you perform any better. Focus on YOUR goals and how YOU perform. It will be much more fun that way…I promise.
2. The Open is supposed to be FUN. Yes I said that again. So no need to stress out over the workouts. Over the years I have seen many people snatch a new weight that they had never hit before, or get their first pull-up or toe to bar because it was required in the workout. If you can’t do a movement that comes up in the Open, that’s ok. Just have fun and give it your best attempt.
3. The Open is a 5 week process and the goal is consistency across all weeks. There is no need to get fixated on one workout. If you bomb one workout or crush one workout, we know you have some weaknesses. The goal of CrossFit is not to be the best (or worst) at anything. We want to be pretty good at almost everything. If you notice that you crush or bomb certain workouts that’s priceless information; and we can use that to make you a better all around athlete. Take note of workouts you felt good in and workouts that were particularly tough. Again, the goal is not to be the best for just one week, but to be consistently good across all 5 weeks.
4. That being said, you may want to do the workout again and I am going to discourage you from doing so. Unless you have a legitimate chance at making it to the Regional (to put this into perspective out of the 140,000 people who did the open last year, only 3.4% qualified for Regional) there is no need to do these workouts more than once! You can see if you do these workouts twice across 5 weeks that leaves only 2-3 days to do other CrossFit workouts and your fitness will take a hit.
5. Please make sure you read the rule book on the CrossFit Games Site and watch the standards videos each week.
6. Have Fun. Don’t Stress. This is about YOU vs. YOU.