Workout: 10 rounds of:
30 seconds of burpees
Rest 30 seconds
30 seconds of dumbbell thrusters (55, 35)
Rest 30 seconds
Score is total reps.
It’s Official… Pat Is A Total Badass!!!
Yep! 6,711 ‘likes’ and counting! That’s how many people are excited to watch our very own Pat D. compete in this year’s CrossFit Open — Pat was recognized yesterday on the CrossFit Games Instagram page (1.3 million followers) as a standout athlete, and now a registered participant in the 2017 CrossFit Open. This is Pat’s first year to compete in such an event. She will be competing in the 60+ age division at age 71. Pat will be one of nearly half a million registered athletes competing across more than 170 countries the world over, representing the lion-crest coat-of-arms that is CrossFit Belltown.
Should you wish to join Pat on our team for this year’s competition, simply click here and follow the prompts. Thus far, CrossFit Belltown currently has 33 athletes registered for the Open.
A few things to know:
- One workout is released each Thursday at 5pm PST, starting Feb 23rd. Each week a workout is released -You will have until the following Monday at 5pm PST to perform the workout and submit your score online.
- Don’t worry about signing up for Rx’d or Scaled workouts. Everyone competing in the Open has the option of performing a scaled version of the workout in any of the given five weeks.
- CrossFit Belltown will be hosting each workout on the days and times listed below. We will have a heat-sheet located at the gym front desk every Thursday evening
beginning at 630pm. Once the workout is unveiled at 500pm, you MUST contact us directly at email@example.com o r in person (at the front desk) between 630pm on Thursday and 300pm on Friday to register for a time-slot to have your workout judged and validated by one of our judges. NOTE: You MUST have each of your workouts judged and validated by a judge in order to participate in the 2017 CrossFit Open.
- In-passing verbal conversations and/or contacting us via social media to schedule a heat time will not be recognized as a legitimate or secure means of ensuring you have a judge for any of the five CrossFit Open workouts. Please keep in mind that anyone registering for class on any of the days listed below will not be considered having ‘registered’ for a heat time — you MUST contact our front desk directly to secure an actual heat time for each of the workouts listed below. Should you need to make alternative arrangements to have your workout judged and validated outside the days/times listed below, said request(s) will be considered on a case-by-case basis, keeping in mind that not all requests will be granted.
- The CrossFit Open will demand a great deal of our staff/facility in safely and seamlessly accommodating all participants. And for that reason, we will be asking that all participants satisfy a one-time $20 entry-fee to help us offset the cost of hosting such an event (to be paid as cash or check at the gym front desk). This fee is separate of the fee you will pay online to register for the actual competition.
- If you are still wanting to volunteer as a Judge this year (but have yet to take the online CrossFit Judges Course, you must contact us ASAP!!! As much as we could always use more judges, granting judging-requests this close to competition only makes the process of getting everyone’s availability that much more challenging.
CrossFit Open Schedule For CrossFit Belltown