CrossFit Open 2019
The 2019 CrossFit Open is officially upon us. In preparation for another successful competition this year, here are a few important things to know:
– The CrossFit Open takes place across a five-week period, from February 21st through March 25th, 2019. The schedule is as follows:
Workout #1 release-date Feb 21st
Workout #2 release-date Feb 28th
Workout #3 release-date Mar 7th
Workout #4 release-date Mar 14th
Workout #5 release-date Mar 21st
– Each week’s workout is released (in the order shown above) on Thursday at 5 p.m., Pacific Time. Athletes have four days to complete the workout for the week and submit their score on the CrossFit Games website.
– A RX and Scaled version of each workout will be released each week for each age group.
Anyone wishing to participate in this years CrossFit Open will need to register for the Open at games.crossfit.com -When registering, please be sure to list ‘CrossFit Belltown’ as both your home affiliate and team.
Once registered for the CrossFit Open, all we ask is that you please be sure to register for class via MindBody on the Friday that follows each Open workout release-dates. We encourage you to register for the 430p, 530p or 630p class to ensure there is someone here to judge your workout, as everyone participating in the CrossFit Open MUST HAVE THEIR WORKOUT JUDGED in order to not be disqualified from this year’s competition. Should anyone wishing to perform the workout with a judge be unable to attend class on Friday night, he or she will need to make arrangements with his/her fellow athlete(s) to perform the workout at another day/time, being mindful of the 5:00pm PST Monday deadline to submit a score for each of the five workouts.
Please click here https://open.crossfit.com/english for more information about the CrossFit Open. You can also use this link to register for this year’s competition.
After you register and the workout is released on Thursday, we will develop a ‘heat sheet’ in our Google Calendar. To schedule your workout, beyond registering on MindBody, you’ll need to log into the calendar and reserve your heat with your judge’s name. We’ll be judging each other this year, so this week is your chance to ask your workout buddy to judge you during the open. That means coordinating times. You’ll also probably be judging your buddy, you may want to exchange emails/phone numbers if you haven’t already.
Email info@crossFitbelltown.com by Wednesday afternoon, February 20, 2019 for an invite to the Calendar.
1. Register for the Open
2. Contact info@crossFitbelltown.com to let us know that you’re participating in the Open and need access to the “Heat Sheet”
3. Confirm your judging buddy/buddies and schedule your workout on our MindBody portal BETWEEN 8PM THURSDAY -and- 4PM FRIDAY.
4. Gird your loins
Good luck and we hope to see you next Friday evening!